Friday, September 17, 2010

Never A Dull Moment

On Wednesday the kids were playing downstairs in the basement. After a bit Josiah and Alayna came up to hang out with me while Seth chose to stay and play down there. After a little time passed I asked Alayna to go check on Seth and while she was headed downstairs I heard someone trying to get in the front door. Josiah went running to the door to see who it was, while I was trailing behind him reminding him NOT to open it unless he knew who it was....his next words were, "Mom, it's Seth!". Of course my immediate thought was, "WHAT?!?!?!?!".

Yes, our clever 2 year old pushed the kid slide (toy in the basement) up to the window in the basement. He opened the window and climbed out, (he wanted to see if there were any frogs or bunnies he later told me), climbed up the window well ladder and then ran to the front door after he realized there were no critters in the window well.

Needless to say, we now have our screens put back on those windows. We took them off because the 'critters' chewed holes in them....I didn't think the screens would be needed to keep our kids IN the house though. I guess they are!

No comments: