Monday, December 6, 2010

Some days....

...I just feel tired.

It doesn't help that I have a 3 year old who still can't quite grasp potty training and I feel like I'm constantly working on that concept, talking about it, encouraging, guiding and helping. Trying my hardest not to get or act frustrated, but in reality it's frustrating. It doesn't help that my 3 year old is also...well...3, and so we're working on obedience.

It doesn't help that my almost 6 year old has had hearing problems for nearly a year and I just found out that in fact my maternal instincts were correct and she is having a hard time hearing because she has a lot of fluid behind her ear drums. It doesn't help that my hearts breaks when realize she has been hearing life like a person wearing earmuffs. It doesn't help that I've been trying to seek out options and solutions for this and it has been a bit time consuming.

It doesn't help that my 8 year old hurt his foot last night and had to have it looked at this morning when I had a few other things planned that I hoped to get done.

It doesn't help that right now I have plugged sinuses and am feeling a bit cruddy.

It DOES help when I focus on what really matters, it DOES help when I look at my kids, cuddle them and realize how all the things that wear me out about them pale in comparison to how much I care about them, it DOES help that I have a great husband who loves and helps me, and most importantly, it DOES help when I realize I don't need to become overwhelmed by small details because I love a God who is willing to carry the load with me at all times.

Ahhh...feeling a bit better now. Thanks!

3 comments:

Joyful Living said...

You're a great mama to your babies, Michelle! Your kiddos are so fortunate to be parented by you and Dan! Your love for them just oozes out of your blog! I can completely relate to Mr. Seth! We have one in our household and it makes me laugh when you write about him. Wait until he is 4!!! hahaha

Heather said...

praying for you today Michelle...glad you could blog out your feelings and that I could hear you across the...um, whatever it is that makes internet work. You are a fabulous Mom and I am praying for unexpected moments of rest for you. Love you friend!

Shannonheick said...

hang in there Michelle! today was one of those blah mornings for me. i didn't have a whole lot of motivation to do anything fun or creative. sometimes, it is just plain old tiring! but, we get through it because God carries us through it! i thank Him for giving me these children and for giving me the whatever it is i need to get through a blah day. Remember, even when our kids cute faces isn't enough, God IS!