Why have I been such a bad blogger??? I've totally fallen off the wagon and now I feel soooo far behind on what's happened in our lives that I haven't even wanted to write another post. BUT, today is a new day and I'm going to (try!!!) to blog more regularly again.
- He's a rockstar 3rd grader. He's been in the advanced classes for every subject and so far he's loving school.
- This summer he will enjoy a week of Science camp and he couldn't be more thrilled to "take things apart, create inventions, experiment with chemistry, decipher secret codes, and investigate the world of animal inventions".
- We've worked through books/movies some of his friends read/watch that we won't allow him to and he's handled it great. We've showed him info. about the books/movies that explain in detail about them and have asked him if he thinks it would be good for him to read/watch. Though it hasn't been easy for him every time, he's handled it well and come to the conclusion often times on his own that it wouldn't be good for him. It's been 'fun' to work through life decisions with him.
- He has a corny sense of humor (which I'm certain comes from his dad and grandpa Holder!)
- One difficulty right now is his incessant need to be 'in the know' of whatever Dan and I are talking about...and the reality is...HE DOESN'T ALWAYS NEED TO KNOW! :)
- She has loved kindergarten. I'm not going to lie...we've had great teachers with both Josiah and Alayna so far, but this year...her teacher is exceptional!
- It's been fun to see and hear about her leadership at school (after all she is a middle child and oftentimes they shy away from that). One funny example is that she was sitting by a boy who had a messy desk and he noticed her's was always clean, so she taught him how to keep his clean (a girl after my own heart!)
- She's the top reader in her class and there's only 1 other kindergartener that is even at the same level as her...I LOVE that she loves to read!!
- She has a loose tooth that she is desperate to have fall out...another gap face is soon to be a part of this family.
- Her imagination play with Seth is really fun to listen to...when they are getting along (they are siblings afterall...best of friends...except when they aren't!)
- She could still care less about clothes, dresses, shoes, her hair, etc...that is A OK by me! She prefers if I lay out her clothes because she could care less.
- I'm looking forward to summer when she can enjoys naps a couple times a week...school zaps her energy and though she's a pretty 'even keel' little girl, I see her emotions at work when she gets too tired...maybe she can sleep through the teen years?? :)
- Well, he's still Seth.
- Mr. Personality...makes friends with complete strangers in every check-out line, meets anyone who walks past our house and would love if everyone was as excited about hugs and wrestling as he is. His lack of fear with strangers is a blessing in many ways, but it gives me the creeps!! Stranger Danger!!
- He has zero personal space and has no idea why anyone else does.
- He STILL plays with my hair anytime he sits with me or near me...if you have hair, I can guarantee he will reach up and play with your hair too...he doesn't even know he's doing it!
- He's a big time cuddler!!
- He can make me laugh and pull my hair out within the spance of a minute.
- After talking with or hanging out with someone, (whether he really knows them or not) when we walk away he always says, "I like her" or "I like him". Friendly doesn't begin to describe him!
- I love that boy, but I'm certain the gray hairs I have found on my head are the result of him. :)
And because my husband has found this video on his phone again and loves to relive it...I figured I'd let you guys go back in time too...enjoy!
Ok...now if only I could get back into blogging more regularly so that I can keep track of the day to day moments...