Thursday, November 1, 2012

My 'baby' is 5?!?!

Seth, you turned 5 years old on Tuesday of this week, October 30.  It's a miracle that I did NOT cry.  Not only because you are a boy now, not a baby (although that alone really could have done me in!), but because of how you have grown in many areas of your life in these 5 years.  It was not long ago that I wondered if we'd ever be out of the biting phase and yet here we are 2 years later and I don't remember the last time I worried about you biting.  You have grown...God has done a great work in your life and you are only 5...I can't imagine what He has in store for you future my sweet boy.  

You have the most diverse personality.  You are my super affectionate, lovey dovey, sweet with words little boy...and yet you are ALL BOY in so many ways.  When you play, you play hard.  You are rowdy, you love to wrestle, run, jump, bike, climb...all things little boys enjoy...and yet you'll sit on my lap afterwards, look me in the eye and say, "Mom, you're the sweetest" and then give me a great big hug and kiss.  I LOVE that about you!  

When you were a baby, as soon as you had hand control you loved to play with my hair (then it felt more like pulling then playing though!), now at age 5...you still love the feel of my hair on your hands.  You'll touch any girls hair and love the feel, but then you'll play with my hair and let me know that mine feels the best.  I wonder if someday when you are married your wife will ask me if you've always done that. :)

On Tuesday I made it your day completely!  I knew it would be my last time to celebrate your birthday and have you all to myself and I enjoyed every minute of it...and you did too! :)  

On Sunday we celebrated at Grandpa Holder's


On Monday night we opened your presents so you could play with them all day on your birthday!  You got some from us, some from Grandma Hacker and some from Grandma Kiedrowski.  
What a fun night!!





To start your birthday we had breakfast at Boppa's Bagels...yum!  For lunch (I forgot to take a picture we were having too much fun) we went to Space Aliens with your friend Nathan and his mom Nadine.  We ate, talked, played games and had a great time!!

For supper you picked pizza so we had pumpkin shaped pizza and cupcakes quick before heading to watch Veggie Tales Live!

You were pretty excited and the show hadn't even started yet!!



Sitting on dad's lap singing and dancing to the music!

And just so you know that I do actually participate in these family fun moments...you and I.  My sweet, sweet boy.  I love you more than words can say.  You have tested my parenting ability, humbled me more than I thought possible, and yet...your sweet face warms my heart each time I see it.  I am SOOO thankful that the Lord knew what was best for our family and blessed us with you.  You know how to push the buttons of your siblings and yet because of your sense of humor and way with words they can't stay mad at you for more than a minute and they look forward to seeing you after school each day and they love being with you.  You are loved my sweet boy by your family and most importantly by the One who made you.  Hold tight to Him...He won't let you down!

No comments: