Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Transition

I realize I haven't posted much about our Foster Care journey lately and part of that is because there wasn't a lot of new 'information' to report and part of it was because writing out my thoughts and emotions was overwhelming.  So here is a condensed version...
 
We have had our foster daughter in our home for over 6 months now...hard to believe that much time has passed...  We are entering a new phase in our Foster Care journey, it's the 'transition' phase.  We will soon be transitioning our foster daughter out of our home and in with her mom.  She has had regulart visits and they've gone really well.  We aren't sure what to expect or what 'transition' will look like, but I pray we (the team) can find a way to transition her well. 
 
Over the last couple of months we have built a great relationship with her mom and some of her extended family as well and that gives me hope that it's not a permaneant 'good-bye', but rather a 'see you later'.  I'm a mix of emotions...on one hand I'm excited for her, this is exactly what we've been praying would happen...on the other hand, it will be hard to let her go and trust that the situation will be different this time.
 
When we became foster parents our prayer was that it would be a relationship with the child, but also an opportunity to come alongside the parents.  I feel so blessed to see how God has orchestrated that so perfectly according to His will.  Over the course of the next month or so as we transition the next question is...do we continue being foster parents??  It's an emotional journey to say the least...yet, I pray that God would give us the strength and the peace to say 'yes' in His timing. 

1 comment:

Seriously Though said...

hello. I stumbled on your blog and am I have been thinking about fostering for years. Thanks for writing this blog.