Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Family Christmas #2

We had a great time celebrating Christmas as a family. We were snowed in at home and so it was a great time to have great conversations, Dan talked about and asked the kids questions involving 3 verses. John 3:16, James 1:17, and Matthew 10:8...God gave because He loved the world (us), all the gifts we receive are from above and because we have freely received God's Son, we must be willing to freely give.
Then we opened gifts and it was a lot of fun taking our time opening them and playing with everything. The kids don't really ask for anything and so it's fun because they are always surprised by what we give them.

This was one of their favorite gifts. We bought a keyboard so that I could begin teaching the kids how to play piano. (It was a favorite gift to me too!!)
You may have read in a previous post about the great deals I got on the Tag learning systems, I'm so glad that I got them! Alayna loves hers and enjoys reading and listening to them during her rest times.
When we were at my mom's house Alayna loved playing with their toy handcuff's...however, she calls them 'handcups'...no matter how many times we tried to explain that they were 'handcuff's', she consistantly called them 'handcups'. Needless to say, when I saw a pair for $1 I couldn't pass them up. It was a great stocking stuffer! :)
Seth needs a lesson in using his Tag system yet...that is on the 'to-do' list for this week.
After opening presents we ventured outside and went SLEDDING!! It was a lot of fun! Seth was even daring enough and wanting to go down the hill all on his own in a sled. That was quite a sight! We had a lot of fun and it was great exercise too.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Glad you had a wonderful Christmas!! I must say I'm a little...okay, a LOT jealous of the keyboard. We were ready to get one a few weeks ago and then POOF....both cars needed work. Ugh. Maybe next year. I bet the kids (and you) love it!

See you in the new year!