Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas!


2009 has been a great year....it's had it's challenges no doubt, but we have a lot to be thankful for regardless.

We took a step of faith in finding a new church home for our family. It was quite a journey over the summer visiting various churches and it became very disheartening to say the least, but we have found a new church home now after searching and we feel blessed to be a part of it. It is a church plant which is something new to us, but we are excited to see what God has in store for us there.

Dan was offered a principal position in St. Cloud last spring and it was a step of faith either way...after hearing more details about the job, he turned it down. He was given more responsibilities at school this year, he is a principal for 5 periods out of the day and a teacher for 2 periods...no additional pay, but it is a great learning opportunity.


I lost my job as a graphic designer this past summer b/c the company I was working for merged with a larger company. That turned into a step of faith when I decided to go on my own and do graphic design from home as a part-time job in addition to my full-time job....SAHM (stay at home mom).

Josiah is a 2nd grader this year and he is really enjoying it. He is a GREAT student...excelling in most every subject right now! This year he decided he was up for riding the bus in the morning and in the afternoon...it was definitely harder on me then him. He enjoys it...seems hard for me to believe though b/c I HATED riding the bus when I was a kid. I figure he will change his tune someday, but for now I will enjoy not having to load up all the kids to drive him a few miles and then turn back around to go home. :)

Alayna started preschool this year and boy was she excited and ready....she was anticipating going to preschool last year at this time, so having to wait soooo long before being able to start was a test of patience for her. She pulled through and now she is LOVING preschool. She is a bright and beautiful girl...not to mention tall...if you look at her with her classmates...she stands quite a bit above the rest. Her teachers told me that some of the students have begun to realize how tall she is and so they often times ask for her help in reaching things! :)

Seth...what can I say...read my blog, you'll know how he is. BUSY!!! He keeps me on my toes and the other day I thought I saw a gray hair...it turned out to be blonde, but in all honesty, I wouldn't have been surprised...that 2 year old has given me a 'run for my money'. He is a happy, thankful (he says thank you for everything...), and funny 2 year old....but, he is a rascal. He keeps me humble, there is no denying that. He has a love for running his fingers through hair...still...I thought maybe he would outgrow this habit, but no such luck....someday?!? Even though he keeps me busy, he also makes me (and our whole family) smile. He is full of joy and I'm thankful that God 'surprised' us with him.

We have so much to be thankful for this year and we pray that as you reflect on 2009 you will see God's hand in your life as well. As our card says..."May you find the true meaning of Christmas through the love of Christ this year"


Merry Christmas!!

No comments: