Monday, May 17, 2010

A Great Reminder...

Every year around our anniversary we try to take time away from the kids to just be together. This year was even more important...with a busy school year for Dan we wanted to make sure we had some good time together. And we did!! Thanks mom for watching the kids! People always ask us what we are going to do....sometimes we go places (nothing far away...usually the cities), but it's not about where we go or what we do...we just love that we can talk and do anything we want without worrying about nap times or schedules. It's fun to remember that we truly enjoy being together with or without our kids. Yep, if I had to do it all over again...I'd marry him again in a heartbeat. :) Maybe next year for our 10 year...how about a trip??? We'll see.

We did move into the 21st century this weekend though by getting cell phones which was a lot of fun. We enjoyed dinner and a movie (a RARE combo for us to do) and we also enjoyed sleeping in and going to brunch together. Overall, it was an amazing relaxing weekend with great conversation and a lot of fun. I'm always sad when I talk to couples that have kids and they tell me they don't have time for date nights or weekends away....I have to say, those times are vital to make sure as a couple you're still connected and I'd sacrifice in other areas to make sure we can have those times together. I loved my husband before my kids were ever in the picture. Though even after 2 nights I was missing them like C-R-A-Z-Y and I had great cuddles when we got home....I'm glad we had time as a couple and I'm glad our kids have grandparents that love to have time with just them too. What a blessing!

No comments: