Friday, June 4, 2010

Mr. Independent

This morning Dan had to leave really early because he was having breakfast with a friend before heading off to work. That's all fine and dandy, however, that means I have my shower and all the kids are roaming free....obviously my darling 2 year old is the only one I worry about during this time. This does happen from time to time and normally things are just fine. I checked on him before I got in the shower and he was playing pretend in Alayna's room surrounded by all the people and animals she has in there...I took my shower...hopped out and with a towel wrapped around me when to check on him right away.

Hmmm...he wasn't in Alayna's room anymore (that was NOT a good sign!). I went down to the kitchen and as I looked I saw bread SWIMMING in honey....the counter also covered in honey....I asked him what he was doing, he looked at me SO innocently and said, "I hungry for a 'sanwich' mommy." Yes, yes you were son...however, that sandwich went into the trash....I scrubbed stickiness off of him and then wiped and wiped and wiped the counter of stickiness before I was able to actually get ready for the day. After purchasing more honey today, it is going to make it's way into 'kid proof' cupboard. Ahhh...never a dull moment around here!! :)

No comments: