Monday, January 5, 2009

Earning Time...

I was going to write about our final 4th Christmas, but before I got the chance, this happened and it was cute and funny and so I thought I'd share it with you all... Background to the story...we got a fun gift from my in laws for Christmas this year...a Wii...now that we have a TV, computer and a Wii, we needed to make some rules about screen time for the kids. We decided for every 'extra' (not jobs they are expected to do) job they do without complaining or whining we will give them 10 minutes of screen time. I have to say, it's amazing, they come asking me for more jobs to do when they are wanting to watch a show or play on the computer or the Wii!! Anyway, when Josiah got home from school after talking about the day and going through school information, I asked him if he's like to do a job to earn time. He said "sure". His job: play with your baby brother while I work on doing laundry. The 2 boys have an equal admiration for one another, so this is a job he enjoys doing and he does it VERY well! He asked me to come to the basement (our toy/play area) and see what they were doing...this is what I saw...




Josiah in camo and a cowboy hat and Seth with a Superman cape on (you can't see it well in the pic) The fun games they come up with all on their own!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Michelle ... loved your idea of earning Wii time. Just curious ... is there a maximum amount of time they can earn each day for Wii time?