Thursday, January 22, 2009

Family Time

Last night was Wednesday night which equals Family Time!! We had a lot of fun this week. I'll be honest, some weeks are more fun than others. Depending on what we have planned and how the kids behave, there are enough variables that can make or break Family Time. Regardless though the 'show must go on' and each week we do the best we can. Some weeks, like last night remind us why we do Family Time!

Anyway, we began with...of course....dancing...here's a picture of the fun!

Then we shared with the kids our verse for the week.
F = "Follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19
As a family we practice memorizing the verse in a variety of ways including, robot voices, deep voices, high voices, going around and each saying a word until we complete the verse, etc. It makes for some good laughs and a great way (thanks CEF) to help commit the verse to memory. Next we began the activity for the night. J and A were each given a simple puzzle and a blindfold. After we blindfolded them and mixed up the puzzle pieces they were supposed to try and put the puzzle back together again. The both worked at it for quite a while trying to get it together, but they each got about 1-2 pieces put where they belong. After doing it that way, I took time first with J and we did the same thing, only I used my voice to help guide him as to what piece he had and where it should go. Then, I did the same thing with Alayna. They both thought that was a lot of fun and much easier to have me help them.

After finishing the activity we talked about how God calls us to follow Him. He desires to lead us just as I led them with the puzzle. We also talked about how it was a lot less frustrating when they had me to rely on then when they were relying only on themselves. Just as we have God to rely on...the One who sees the big picture. Then we talked about what it means to be 'fishers of men'.

After talking about the lesson we made pictures for our Alphabet Verse Book. I'm excited to see the book come together. It will be something that will be fun to keep and look at over and over again as the kids get older.

2 comments:

Shannonheick said...

This sounds like so much fun, Michelle! What a great idea. I can't wait to get more time to finish TMIPOE book! I love your new design by the way! I did get a little ways with your help in december but I had troubles getting my desing centered. So I have kindof given up for now. I just decided to use a pic for now-but that's not centered either!uhhhh, blog-frustration! well, we missed you at Mops the other day but on a good note, leighton and i made it finally! :) talk to you soon!

Joyful Living said...

Michelle!!! I love your ideas! What a great time together and memories that your kids will treasure! I need to know how you get your banner with pics of your kids up???? On top of your blog? Love your new template!!