Wednesday, April 1, 2009

We're BAAACK!

What a week!! Last Tuesday Seth and Alayna went to St. Cloud to stay with Grandma and Grandpa Kiedrowski (or G and G Faraway as the kids call them). Due to the pending flood and pending snow storm last week, we decided little kids, flooding and sandbagging didn't mix. Josiah went to Kindred on Thursday to stay with Grandma and Grandpa Holder for a couple days while Dan and I stayed here sandbagging and helping with the Flood Fight. On Sunday of this week we got Josiah back and then on Monday we headed to St. Cloud to get the other 2. I couldn't handle another day without them and with ANOTHER snow storm coming it was a 'now or never' situation. We stayed a couple days in St. Cloud and enjoyed time with Dan's mom and step dad, my sister and her family, as well some fun girl time for Siobhan and I. Today we came back home!! The kids had a great time being away, but they were happy to be home and playing together again!! Once home, they went into the basement and played and played and played...over an hour later they came to find me and wanted me to follow them downstairs...this is what they were busy doing...(they were hot, I was told!)

3 comments:

Joyful Living said...

Awww how fun. Oh, to be a kid again!

Heather said...

Way to get acquainted with all their toys all at once! Even better I bet they enjoyed getting to play together again - I guess absence does make the heart grow fonder. : ) Glad you guys are home safe and sound.

Siobhan said...

I had so much fun today, far better than working...and I'll be thinking of you on Easter weekend (my twinsie a few hundred miles away!)