Sunday, June 28, 2009

A big day....

So....today was my 29th birthday....I had a great day...went to church in the morning, had lunch, got to relax and read in the afternoon and then had a date with my handsome hubby and got to hang out with some great friends. All in all, it was a great birthday!

I shared my special day with a special boy because.....drum roll please....Josiah FINALLY lost a tooth. If you know 1st graders, there's pressure to lose a tooth when you're in 1st grade (apparantly). I kept hearing how everyone (I'm pretty sure it wasn't everyone) had lost a tooth, and he really wanted to lose one...if you know our family you know that my kids are S....L.....O....W...in getting their teeth in the first place so it's no surprise that they aren't first to lose them. Anyway, it was a very exciting day because Josiah lost his first tooth. I put it in a small cup of water above the sink, told my hubby what I had done with it and that was the end.....until a couple hours later he forgot about that comment dumped the cup down the drain and walked away. I saw the empty cup a bit later and thought initially that one of the kids had done it, but they couldn't reach it and later found out it was my hubby. Needless to say, the poor guy didn't realize what he'd done and just now finished putting the disposal back together after rescuing the lost tooth. :)

3 comments:

Heather said...

Happy birthday again Michelle - glad you had a great day. Tell Dan not to feel bad. Isaac's first tooth he lost was on a napkin (HE had placed it on) on the counter. He had lost it while a friend from MOPS was over visiting. Needless to say by the time they left and I was cleaning up, the tooth was not on the forefront of my mind - nor the napkin he placed it on and so both ended up in the garbage in my cleaning frenzy and it wasn't until Shane came home that I realized my mistake. Thankfully Isaac was gracious but he made sure to hang onto the second tooth he lost and keep it away from mom. : ) Congrats Josiah on YOUR special day - glad Dad was able to come to the rescue! : )

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joyful Living said...

Aww first tooth!....Ben wiggles his teeth all the time trying to convince me they are falling out. It is such a big deal to them, isn't it?? Like Heather said, hope you had a special special birthday.