Saturday, October 30, 2010

My baby turned 3



Seth, today you turned 3. I was excited for you because you were anxiously awaiting your birthday, I realized though that the thought of having a 3 year old truly means you are getting older. Diapers will soon be gone, and though you aren't 100% potty trained, you have made great improvements and I know it won't be long until it's official. I won't miss changing them, but it's another phase of motherhood that will be done and that is bittersweet.

You have an amazing happy personality! You still have the ability to make anyone that meets you smile. You love your brother and sister and still prefer to cuddle up with Josiah at night to go to sleep. :) You communicate your thoughts and feelings very clearly now and you say the funniest things that makes our family laugh regularly ("this looks like a job for...SUPER SETH!). We have pretty much moved beyond the biting phase (that is a phase I was willing to give up!)...thankfully!!
Though WE didn't plan on having baby #3 (you), I'm SOOOOOOOO glad God knew better. I can't imagine our family without you. Your smile, laughter, energy, love for life and love for everyone around you is something I can't imagine living without. You have taught me so much about being a mom, about humility, and you have challenged my/our parenting many times and made us better parents. You are still a mama's boy and would love it if I would lay with you each night and cuddle real close and let you play with my hair. Most nights....I do cuddle up for a few minutes because I know it won't last forever and I love that you enjoy being so close still. Baby Seth, Super Seth, Setharoo...whatever we call you...you are one of a kind and I'm so glad you're mine!

I love you -- mom

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Sweet post!! Happy Birthday Seth =)