Thursday, October 7, 2010

What do you want to be?

This isn't a question we even ask the kids, but there are times when I look at their personalities and wonder what God has in store for them in the future...

Lately Josiah has been talking a lot about becoming an engineer someday. Not really the job most kids aspire to be when they are in 3rd grade, but he does. Anyway, he LOVES to build, construct, design and most days after school he comes home and we talk about the day and do any homework and then he will go downstairs to the work bench we built for him (I was tired of my outside freezer being COVERED with all his building projects) and build with a variety of things. Along with these desires he also loves math...he would love to help start a math club at school. Not really something all kids would find 'fun'...not really something this mom thinks is fun! :) He likes to keep parts from various things to try to make them into other things. His mind is always thinking up ideas of things to build. I don't know what God has in store for him, but in this season of his life he is definitely excited about building, constructing and math.


Seth on the other hand...well, I've been cooking and baking a lot more lately and he has always been one that likes to be right by my side or on the counter so that he can be part of the action. He loves to help dump, measure, mix, peel/core/slice apples, etc....if I'm in the kitchen...he is there too...whether I like it or not! :) Needless to say, it's a bit messier when I cook and bake now. Who knows, maybe he will be the next Bobby Flay...ok, probably not...with me as his teacher I won't hold my breath, but I would love to make sure my boys (as well as Alayna) are able to hold their own in the kitchen and he's off to a great start. :)

No comments: