Thursday, October 28, 2010

Potty Training....

Yes, I've finally decided to work on potty training. He's been able to go on the potty for a while now, but not consistantly and not without us telling him to. Sooooo...this Saturday he turns 3 (I still can't believe that, but that's another post) so I decided to plan a week where I pretty much stay home and work on training. I have to say (though I'll admit I have a bad attitude when it comes to potty training) he's done really well. He's had a couple accidents, but nothing major and he's been doing great at going in the potty all on his own the last few days. Last night when we had Missional Community at our house I thought for sure he'd be wet by the end of the night due to excitement and distractions...nope, he was still dry!!! I realize we're not done yet (part of the reason I dislike potty training so much) and that there will be accidents and it will still be a process, but we are doing well so far and I hope it continues to improve from here!!!


Could it be possible that we will have NO MORE DIAPERS at any of our Christmas celebrations? With 11 grandkids on one side and 7 on the other....all very close in age...every year for the past 10+ years there have been multiple kids in diapers. What a strange thought...I've changed diapers for more than 8 years now....I really can't imagine not changing them....don't worry, I'll adjust! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
savita said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.