Sunday, March 1, 2009

Friday Funnies!

Dear friends came to visit on Friday afternoon. The day before we had a few inches of snow ...again! Anyway, my dear hubby cleared the driveway the night before...however, on Friday, there was some snow at the end of the driveway that you needed to 'gun it' to get through due to the wonderful snow plows. Anyway, Heather made it through with no problems and she and I were chatting while the kids played...then I got a phone call from Amy..."Michelle, I'm stuck at the end of your driveway"...thankfully Heather and I are strong :) and we were ready to come to her rescue. We got bundled up and out we went, ready to rescue her. We got in position to give her a good push...she put it in reverse...1, 2, 3.... PUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHH...nothing happened...not even an inch (although we were laughing quite hard!)...try again 1, 2, 3.... PUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHH...nothing (laughing even harder now!)...we tried to shovel out her tire...we laid out sand because her tire was on snow (I'm sure we were quite the sight!!), we were feeling quite smart, but having NO success moving the van even a tiny inch. We realized...we needed man power...thankfully, my neighbor was there to rescue us. He came ready to help...got down on his belly, shoveled out all the snow from under her bumper with his arm/hand and then he alone gave it a push when Amy put it in reverse...she backed right out...no problems! Good laughs were had by all...and when we went into the house all 6 kids were still in one piece and doing well!
We were able to celebrate Gavin's 5th Birthday!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Gav!
Only 363 sleeps until you turn 6! :)
Pretty girls all dressed up!

2 comments:

Heather said...

FUNNY memory - glad I could share in it. Seriously it must have been the laughter that inhibited our bulging biceps. Dan doesn't still feel bad does he? The kids are still talking about Wii with Josiah and I know it made Gav's birthday extra special. Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

I am happy to be the one that provided such an entertaining memory for us. I feel like I should send a gift basket to that neighbor of yours:) We had a great time playing - thanks for hosting!