Thursday, December 18, 2008

WGWFC = U

Family Time...this week we took a break from our Alphabet Verses to spend extra time talking about Christmas. We are actually going to do Family Time every night for a week (minus this weekend b/c we are gone). Last year I bought this set...it's called What God Wants For Christmas. The kids have read the book and know about it, but it's great to talk about every year. Last night our Family Time looked like this:

We started out by dancing to Christmas music...we have some amazing moves! Then I took out the 2 boxes we were going to talk about. They had to go in another room while I hid the 2 items (Gabriel and Mary). When they came back I had a riddle for each of them to help them find the items. I'm not amazingly creative, I just used the resources in the book...if you go online they have details for the Scavenger Hunt if you want to do that...which is what we did. Anyway, I gave them each their riddle to help them find their items. They REALLY enjoyed that part....once they found their items we read the story for each one and they acted it out with their item. It was a lot of fun and we had a good time talking about why Christmas is so special and so important. Without Christ's coming to earth He wouldn't have been able to die on the cross for our sins. It was a lot of fun and the kids wanted to do ALL the boxes last night, but the suspense is half the fun and so tonight we will do 2 more boxes...did I mention...I LOVE Christmas!!

No comments: